The benefits of Cloud computing are well documented and wide reaching. With emails and documents available online, Cloud computing is the ultimate enabler of flexible working, enabling you to work from any device, anywhere. But what does this really mean for your business?
Key benefits of Cloud computing
1. Increased Productivity: Cloud solutions empower staff to work from any device in any location. With an internet connection, you can continue working on a train, taxi, at the airport or even a hotel room. Working effectively outside the office ensures you can meet tight deadlines and maximise the value of each working day.
2. Improved Service Levels: The ability to work on the move allows you to respond more quickly to clients and deal with urgent matters swiftly, improving overall client satisfaction. The high uptimes guaranteed by Cloud providers reduce your risk of downtime, improving reliability and protecting your business reputation.
3. Reduced Capital Expenditure: Cloud solutions remove the need to spend large sums of money on hardware and technology infrastructure. Cloud services operate on a subscription-based model which require a much lower initial investment, are faster to deploy and offer predictable ongoing operating expenses.
4. Reduced Maintenance Costs: Any software updates are managed centrally by the Cloud provider, decreasing your maintenance costs, saving you time and reducing the risk of out-dated software.
5. Increased Competitiveness: Cloud solutions grant SMEs access to enterprise-class technology. This means that smaller businesses have access to the same productivity, accessibility and availability tools that were previously only available to large companies with big budgets. With increased productivity, flexibility and cost saving opportunities, you can generate real competitive advantage.
6. Enhanced Scalability: With subscription-based models, Cloud services allow your business to easily upscale or downscale your IT requirements as required. Your business growth is supported without expensive changes to your existing IT systems.
When it comes to picking a Cloud provider, making the right choice for your business is just as important. Read our top tips for selecting a Cloud Provider for more information.
Business has changed and people no longer work a standard Monday to Friday 9-5 in the office. Empowering staff to remain connected outside the office improves productivity and customer service. Technology is a key driver of commercial competitiveness and Cloud software provides a simple, flexible and cost-effective solution to unlock that competitiveness.